Jobs & Internships
Join Our Talented Team!
Clipper Navigation, Inc., owns and operates the Victoria Clipper and is a leading seller of accommodation and tour packages for the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada. For over 25 years, we have been serving travelers from all over the world. We are located on Seattle’s scenic waterfront at Pier 69.
Clipper Navigation, Inc. is an energetic, fast-paced and fun work environment. We are seeking motivated, outgoing, dedicated employees who are customer service oriented. Candidates for employment in the United States must be US citizens or have the necessary Work Visa issued and approved by US Immigration.
For your application to be processed, you must indicate the position for which you are applying. No phone calls please.
arrowSENIOR NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
Clipper Vacations (Victoria Clipper) seeks a Senior Network Administrator, to support, maintain and evaluate computer networking and telecommunication systems; install, configure, and maintain both physical and virtual computer servers; and oversee the maintenance of employee email and user accounts. This position will support Windows, Unix and Red Hat Linux server environments, for approximately 100-150 people located in Seattle and Victoria, Canada.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and monitor the Clipper’s WAN. Develop and maintain network infrastructure, operations and metrics.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and monitor the Clipper’s LAN on vessels.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and monitor POS systems on vessels.
- Maintain, troubleshoot Shoretel VoIP phone system.
- Develop, update, maintain network policies and documentation.
- Maintain and troubleshoot company software systems that are deployed on a SAN in a VMware environment.
- Ensure availability and performance of mission-critical SQL databases.
- Maintain, monitor and manage network security: firewalls, host security, file permissions and system integrity.
- Maintain, optimize and monitor VPN and remote access systems.
- Manage and execute the backup and disaster recovery plans.
- Maintain, document and manage replacement schedule for systems hardware and software.
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment and software.
- Provide Desktop Support to users as needed.
- Provide on-call emergency maintenance activities supporting network operations.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- Proficient with LAMP stack configurations on RHEL5 & 6
- Server Virtualization via VM-Ware ESXi
- Unix (Solaris)/Windows/Red Hat Operating Systems
- Exchange Server 2010
- HP and Cisco switching and routing
- VLANs and switch redundancy
- Security configurations (VPN, DNS, DHCP, FTP, HTTP, DVR, and Firewalls)
- Network Optimization (trunking, VOIP)
- Installing, configuring and managing SonicWALL firewalls and Microsoft ISA server
- Installing, configuring and managing F5 load balancers
- Installing, configuring and managing wireless solutions including PepWave routers and access points
- Installing, configuring and managing VPN access
- Installing, configuring and managing Windows Remote Desktop Services and HP Thin Clients
- Processing network vulnerability scan reports and coordinating required updates with appropriate
- Processing the annual renewal of support contracts
- Monitoring and troubleshooting network errors and performance issues
- Working closely with end users on Desktop users to ensure technical issues are resolved timely
- Researching and evaluating new tools to enhance network operations
- Research and design new networking solutions based on specific requirements
- Responding to critical support issues outside of work hours as needed
- Experience with Exchange, SQL, Windows servers and desktop products
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent and demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong communication & documentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to administer an 80+ node network including firewalls.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to work with flexibility under pressure and deadlines.
- Experience negotiating and managing hardware and software contracts and vendors.
- Commitment to providing exemplary service with uncompromising integrity.
- Willingness to work through conflicts with openness.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others.
- Innovative results oriented troubleshooting.
- Able to travel periodically to Victoria office.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline preferred.
Industry certifications indicating skill level and proficiency preferred: MCITP, SonicWall, and/or CCNA Proficient with MySQL.
Full time permanent position. Benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision, 401(k) and Parking/Mass Transit subsidy.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org