Jobs & Internships
Join Our Talented Team!
Clipper Navigation, Inc., owns and operates the Victoria Clipper and dba Clipper Vacations, is a leading seller of accommodation and tour packages for the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada. Since 1986, we have been providing travel services to visitors from all over the world. We also operate the Clipper Café at Pier 69. Both companies are located on Seattle’s scenic waterfront at Pier 69.
We seek motivated, outgoing, dedicated employees who are customer service oriented and enjoy working in an energetic, fast-paced and fun environment. Candidates for employment in the United States must be US citizens or have the necessary Work Visa issued and approved by US Immigration.
For your application to be processed, you must indicate the position for which you are applying, and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
arrowWEBSITE CONTENT ADMINISTRATOR AND COPYWRITERClipper Navigation, Inc., owner and operator of Clipper Vacations, is a leading tour and ferry operator for the Pacific Northwest including Western Canada. Since 1986, we have been serving travelers from all over the world. The offices are located on Seattle’s scenic waterfront at Pier 69.
Clipper Vacations is an energetic, fast-paced and fun work environment. We are seeking motivated, outgoing, dedicated employees who are customer service and sales oriented. Candidates for employment in the United States must be US citizens or have the necessary Work Visa issued and approved by US Immigration.
Clipper Vacations is looking for an individual to write copy and manage web content as well as support other sales and marketing functions. Individual must have a thorough understanding of marketing strategies, exemplary writing and editing skills, and experienced user in HTML.
- Strong command of English with proven ability to write and edit website content and other marketing copy
- Strong written and oral communications skills and ability to work with team members, inter-departmentally, and with outside stakeholders
- Proven time management skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in HTML, Photoshop image editing
- Knowledge of SEO and content marketing best practices
- General understanding of web design, user experience/user-interface and e-commerce
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant Technical School Certificate
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience
- Keeps current with web content and internet marketing trends
- Experience in creating corporate blog content, press-releases
- Experience using social media channels to build brand awareness and increase revenue
- Knowledge of WordPress (or experience in another CMS) and InDesign a plus
Position Details: Full Time, available immediately.
Office location: Pier 69 in Seattle.
Compensation: Salary and Benefits.
Interested candidates should send resume and a cover letter in order to be considered.
arrowRESERVATION AGENTS – Customer Service and Sales (Seattle Waterfront)The Victoria Clipper is looking for bright, upbeat and outgoing individuals to join our Reservation Agent team. Our ideal candidate is someone who loves working with people, pays attention to the details and maintains a positive attitude in any situation.
Reservation Agents are instrumental in ensuring that each customer has a fantastic experience while traveling with us. Reservation Agents answer incoming calls regarding sales and inquiries of all Clipper Vacations products, make passenger reservations and are responsible for checking-in passengers for all vessel departures. Agents must be knowledgeable about all Clipper products and able to upsell effectively. Various other duties, such as administrative support, cash handling and outbound calling are also part of the position. All Victoria Clipper employees are expected to provide exceptional customer service to all patrons in any situation. Positions are located in Seattle, WA.
A qualified Reservation Agent candidate will:
- Have a stable work history with strong customer service experience
- Be able to multi-task, paying close attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment
- Have a proven sales ability; Upselling is an integral part of this position
- Be willing and able to work any shift within the schedule shown below
- Have professional phone experience, preferably with a multi-line phone or in a call center setting
- Be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Be a citizen of the U.S. or have the legal right to be employed in the U.S.
- Be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Reservation Agents are scheduled 40 hours per week between the hours of 5:45 AM and 10:15 PM, seven days a week, including all holidays except December 25. Shifts may change from week to week and will include both weekend days. Due to the way the schedules are assigned based on seniority, Agents must be available to work any shift. The training class for seasonal Reservation Agents will begin on September 29, 2014.
In addition to a pay rate of $13.50 per hour, Agents are paid commission on their hotel and tour sales. Agents with strong sales make an average of $2.50+ per hour in commission. A parking/transportation stipend of up to $100/month is provided after the training period. Overtime opportunities are available as needed. Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off and 401k are available for non-seasonal employees.
***ALL RESERVATION AGENTS MUST VISIT VICTORIA, BC TO COMPLETE NECESSARY TRAINING. DUE TO INTERNATIONAL IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS, ALL APPLICANTS THAT ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS MUST HOLD A VALID UNITED STATES PASSPORT OR ENHANCED DRIVERS LICENSE TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION. CITIZENS OF OTHER COUNTRIES MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL IDENTIFICATION. WE ARE UNABLE TO HIRE CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION WHO HAVE PRIOR DUI / DWI OR FELONY CONVICTIONS AS IT MAY PREVENT ENTRY INTO CANADA.***
If you meet the requirements shown above and you are interested in joining the Victoria Clipper team, apply by e-mailing your cover letter and résumé as text in an email (no attachments) to: email@example.com. Do not send a link to an online résumé as it will not be opened. Your cover letter should explain how you meet the position qualifications, including the ability to enter Canada, as explained above and confirm that you are able to work the required hours mentioned above.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive for this position, we are only able to contact applicants that we feel may be a good fit for this position. No phone calls please.
Clipper Navigation, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.