Jobs & Internships
Join Our Talented Team!
Clipper Navigation, Inc., owns and operates the Victoria Clipper and dba Clipper Vacations, is a leading seller of accommodation and tour packages for the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada. Since 1986, we have been providing travel services to visitors from all over the world. We also operate the Clipper Café at Pier 69. Both companies are located on Seattle’s scenic waterfront at Pier 69.
We seek motivated, outgoing, dedicated employees who are customer service oriented and enjoy working in an energetic, fast-paced and fun environment. Candidates for employment in the United States must be US citizens or have the necessary Work Visa issued and approved by US Immigration.
For your application to be processed, you must indicate the position for which you are applying, and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
arrowBARISTA AND CAFE CLERK
The Café Clerk is responsible for providing a high level of customer service and food and beverage quality while ensuring that safe food handling practices are adhered to.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates prompt and friendly customer service.
- Maintains a positive work environment.
- Prepares espresso, coffee and related beverages.
- Operates point of sales system and handles cash and credit card payments.
- Ensures consistency and quality of café products.
- Prepares sandwiches to order.
- Assists in maintaining all equipment in safe working condition.
- Assists with inventory and with unloading and stocking of café supplies.
- Strict adherence to all safety and health regulations.
- Answers phones and takes special orders.
- Assists Café Supervisor as required.
- General housekeeping; cleans and sanitizes work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.) as well as dining room.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent and experience working in coffee bar, restaurant, or related field; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude are essential to interact with customers and employees.
- Reliable and dependable; ability to follow direction.
- Good communication skills; outgoing and friendly demeanor.
- Ability to perform repetitious activities.
- Valid King County Food Handler’s Permit.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for prolonged periods of time; occasional walking; climbing a step stool.
- Repetitive arm and hand movements; manual dexterity to wrap, package and stock product up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently; push and pull up to 100 lbs.
- Requires vision for working with sharp knives, slicer, box cutter and related equipment; will need to determine spoiled or damaged product.
This job has specific physical requirements that may require you to lift up to 50 lbs, to operate machinery with moving mechanical parts, bend, reach, kneel, squat, stand of a long period of time, or push/pull heavy loads. Qualified candidates will be contacted.
Employee Benefits available after 60 days of employment that include: Medical, Vision and Dental. PTO after 90 days of employment and 401K available after one year with the company.
Parking and Transportation subsidy provided upon hire.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.