Jobs & Internships
Join Our Talented Team!
Clipper Navigation, Inc., owns and operates the Victoria Clipper and dba Clipper Vacations, is a leading seller of accommodation and tour packages for the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada. Since 1986, we have been providing travel services to visitors from all over the world. We also operate the Clipper Café at Pier 69. Both companies are located on Seattle’s scenic waterfront at Pier 69.
We seek motivated, outgoing, dedicated employees who are customer service oriented and enjoy working in an energetic, fast-paced and fun environment. Candidates for employment in the United States must be US citizens or have the necessary Work Visa issued and approved by US Immigration.
For your application to be processed, you must indicate the position for which you are applying, and submit to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
arrowWEBMASTERThe Victoria Clipper is a high-speed, passenger only catamaran ferry that runs daily service between Seattle, Washington and Victoria, British Columbia; and seasonal service between Seattle and Friday Harbor. We operate year round, with a very busy peak season from April through October.
We are seeking a Webmaster who will report directly to the Creative Director and Vice President of Sales and Marketing. This is a people-oriented position working in a fast-paced environment. It is full-time, permanent and offers medical & dental benefits after 90 days. Salary DOE.
- Develop and maintain Clipper’s internal and external websites.
- Technical project manager for www.clippervacations.com’s backend ecommerce Java-based booking flow, developed and maintained by Clipper’s offshore contractor.
- Test and audit any bugs associated with www.clippervacations.com’s backend ecommerce Java-based booking flow. Report any updates to Sales & Marketing.
- Create Photoshop (PSD) mockups for contractors and Sales & Marketing for any updates associated with the UX design.
- Advise, assist and train the marketing team’s content manager regarding the technical side of front-end content updates implemented via WordPress to www.clippervacations.com.
- Assist in managing seasonal content on website.
- Test and review updates to websites.
- Deploy and test any updates applied to websites.
- Ensures functionality of all Clipper websites; expedites any booking flow bugs to booking engine contractor and manage and follow up with all issues to ensure resolve.
- Keeps continuously up to date with new and changing technologies.
- Must be a problem solver with meticulous attention to detail.
- Bachelor degree and/or experience preferred
- 1 + year experience with Photoshop preferred.
- Working knowledge of custom WordPress required.
- Knowledge of CSS media queries and Twitter bootstrap preferred.
- Consumer-focused and understand consumer-oriented design.
- Enjoys helping others and being a supportive team player
- Good communicator that is comfortable working with multiple stakeholders
- Must be able to work full time, in house
- PRINCIPLES ONLY PLEASE. THIS IS AN IN HOUSE POSITION.
Position Details: Full Time, available immediately.
Office location: Pier 69 in Seattle.
Compensation: Salary and Benefits.
Interested candidates should send resume and a cover letter in order to be considered.
arrowRESERVATION AGENT – SEATTLE WATERFRONTDo you love the Pacific Northwest and want to help create amazing memories for travelers from around the world? Work for Seattle’s iconic Victoria Clipper; the leading travel and tourism company in the Pacific Northwest!
We are looking for fun, upbeat and driven individuals to join our Reservations Team. Your primary job will be to help our customers build custom, all-inclusive vacation packages for destinations in Washington, Oregon and British Columbia, Canada. Come to work on the beautiful Seattle Central Waterfront every day; the view is great!
Are you obsessed with providing and receiving great customer service? So are we. As the face of Clipper Vacations, you will be interacting with customers from all over the world on a daily basis. A well rounded candidate will be outgoing and passionate about the wide array of destinations and activities available in our region. Your duties include sales, ticketing, and providing all around excellent customer service to our diverse customer base.
A strong eye for detail and fabulous interpersonal skills are both qualities top applicants will possess. During our high tourism season, it is paramount that you are comfortable working in a fast paced, exciting environment. Successful agents are adaptable and great multi-taskers with positive attitudes.
We are looking for team players available to work full time hours with flexible availability. Our customers like to travel on holidays and weekends, so we will be open for business with your help at those times. In return for your service, we offer:
- Comprehensive insurance package
- Competitive base pay
- Opportunities to make commission and bonus incentive programs!
- PTO and 401K
- A parking or transportation stipend of up to $100/month
We value our employees and work hard to promote a positive, fun and respectful working environment. If Clipper sounds like a good fit for you, please send us your cover letter and resume!
**Reservations agents must be able to visit Victoria, Canada; this means you will need a Passport, Passport Card, or Enhanced ID/Driver’s License. We are also unable to hire applicants that have had prior DUI/DWI or Felony convictions as they may be unable to travel to Canada.
Applicants will also need to be comfortable standing and sitting for long periods of time, fluent in English, and able to safely lift and carry 50 lbs. We can only hire employees who are US citizens or legally allowed to work in the US.
We are looking for a few great candidates available to start training on February 16, 2015.
Want to join the Clipper team? Tell us why by submitting your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Clipper Navigation, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.