Jobs & Internships
Join Our Talented Team!
Clipper Navigation, Inc., owns and operates the Victoria Clipper and dba Clipper Vacations, is a leading seller of accommodation and tour packages for the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada. Since 1986, we have been providing travel services to visitors from all over the world. We also operate the Clipper Café at Pier 69. Both companies are located on Seattle’s scenic waterfront at Pier 69.
We seek motivated, outgoing, dedicated employees who are customer service oriented and enjoy working in an energetic, fast-paced and fun environment. Candidates for employment in the United States must be US citizens or have the necessary Work Visa issued and approved by US Immigration.
For your application to be processed, you must indicate the position for which you are applying, and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
arrowWEBMASTERThe Victoria Clipper is a high-speed, passenger only catamaran ferry that runs daily service between Seattle, Washington and Victoria, British Columbia; and seasonal service between Seattle and Friday Harbor. We operate year round, with a very busy peak season from April through October.
We are seeking a Webmaster who will report directly to the Creative Director and Vice President of Sales and Marketing. This is a people-oriented position working in a fast-paced environment. It is full-time, permanent and offers medical & dental benefits after 90 days. Salary DOE.
- Develop and maintain Clipper’s internal and external websites.
- Technical project manager for www.clippervacations.com’s backend ecommerce Java-based booking flow, developed and maintained by Clipper’s offshore contractor.
- Test and audit any bugs associated with www.clippervacations.com’s backend ecommerce Java-based booking flow. Report any updates to Sales & Marketing.
- Create Photoshop (PSD) mockups for contractors and Sales & Marketing for any updates associated with the UX design.
- Advise, assist and train the marketing team’s content manager regarding the technical side of front-end content updates implemented via WordPress to www.clippervacations.com.
- Assist in managing seasonal content on website.
- Test and review updates to websites.
- Deploy and test any updates applied to websites.
- Ensures functionality of all Clipper websites; expedites any booking flow bugs to booking engine contractor and manage and follow up with all issues to ensure resolve.
- Keeps continuously up to date with new and changing technologies.
- Must be a problem solver with meticulous attention to detail.
- Bachelor degree and/or experience preferred
- 1 + year experience with Photoshop preferred.
- Working knowledge of WordPress required.
- Consumer-focused and understand consumer-oriented design.
- Enjoys helping others and being a supportive team player
- Good communicator that is comfortable working with multiple stakeholders
- Must be able to work full time, in house
Position Details: Full Time, available immediately.
Office location: Pier 69 in Seattle.
Compensation: Salary and Benefits.
Interested candidates should send resume and a cover letter in order to be considered.