Jobs & Internships
Join Our Talented Team!
Looking for a career full of adventure and possibilities? Explore your next chapter at Clipper Vacations. Since 1986, our focus has been on helping create amazing memories for travelers from around the world while making travel easy. We are the leading travel and tourism company for the Pacific Northwest, owning and operating Seattle’s iconic Victoria Clippers and offering opportunities to getaway to destinations such as Victoria, Vancouver, Portland, the Canadian Rockies, Whistler and Vancouver Island for sightseeing, outdoor adventures, culinary tours, whale watching and more.
We are a progressive company that encourages creativity, innovation and a focus on providing outstanding service to our customers. We consider our employees to be our most valuable assets and work hard to promote a positive, fun and respectful working environment. If you enjoy good employee benefits and being part of the vibrant Seattle waterfront, this is the place for you!
arrowBARISTA AND CAFÉ CLERKThe Café Clerk is responsible for providing a high level of customer service and food and beverage quality while ensuring that safe food handling practices are adhered to. This job is a part time/full time seasonal position from April-September.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates prompt and friendly customer service
- Maintains a positive work environment
- Prepares espresso, coffee and related beverages
- Operates point of sales system and handles cash and credit card payments
- Ensures consistency and quality of café products
- Prepares sandwiches to order
- Assists in maintaining all equipment in safe working condition
- Assists with inventory and with unloading and stocking of café supplies
- Strict adherence to all safety and health regulations
- Answers phones and takes special orders
- General housekeeping; cleans and sanitizes work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.) as well as dining room
- Other related duties as assigned
Assists Café Supervisor as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent and experience working in coffee bar, restaurant, or related field; or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude are essential to interact with customers and employees
- Reliable and dependable; ability to follow direction
- Good communication skills; outgoing and friendly demeanor
- Ability to perform repetitious activities
- Valid King County Food Handler’s Permit
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time; occasional walking; climbing a step stool
- Repetitive arm and hand movements; manual dexterity to wrap, package and stock product up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently; push and pull up to 100 lbs
- Must have good vision, for this position requires working with sharp knives, slicer, box cutter and related equipment; will need to determine spoiled or damaged product
This job has specific physical requirements that may require you to lift up to 50 lbs, to operate machinery with moving mechanical parts, bend, reach, kneel, squat, stand of a long period of time, or push/pull heavy loads. Qualified candidates will be contacted.
Employee Benefits available after 60 days of employment that include: Medical, Vision and Dental.PTO after 90 days of employment and 401K available after one year with the company.
Parking and Transportation subsidy provided upon hire.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants considered for the position will be contacted. NO phone calls please.
Clipper Navigation, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.