Careers with a Water View
Do you have a water view at work? Always wanted one? What about a workplace with incredible co-workers and an in-house Café with the best scrambled eggs and avocado breakfast? Clipper is calling!
We are always looking for talented people to join our team. But we want to make sure that our culture is right for you! So, ask yourself:
- How awesome are you?
- How entrepreneurial, strategic and innovative are you?
- Are you ready to learn and develop new skills?
Check out our benefits below and learn more about how much we value work-life balance and personal time.
- Free trips on the Victoria Clipper ferries!
- Generous PTO, Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Parking and transportation subsidy
- Membership to Life Balance Program
- Growing our staff through internal career opportunities
- Training opportunities (internal and external)
- Employee discount at the Clipper Café
- Travel benefits with Frontier, Harbour Air Seaplanes & Kenmore Air
- Industry rate discounts with our hotel and tour partners
- Access to Port of Seattle TightReach Exercise Facility
- 20% off at 5th Avenue Theater
See a current position below that fits your vision? Let’s have a chat!
Current Job Openings
WHAT WE OFFER!
- Paid Holidays and up to four weeks paid-time off your first year, with an additional week added after three years
- Comprehensive health, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Competitive compensation based on an hourly wage plus incentive program
- Monthly incentives for achieving established production goals
- Internal support staff and in-house marketing/advertising
- Extensive paid training
- Paid educational study trips to further your career development
- Travel discounts and free travel onboard the Victoria Clipper V
What you will be doing – summary of key responsibilities (not limited to the following):
- Make custom vacation packages and reservations for Victoria Clipper passengers over the phone using proprietary booking software in a high-volume inbound call center setting
- Assist passengers in person with reservations, ticketing, and check-in prior to travel on the Clipper vessels while demonstrating outstanding customer service skills
- Ensure that customers are informed of important rules and regulations for international travel and that they have correct identification and travel documents
- Provide friendly insight to people asking for local information and recommendations
- Day-to-day administrative and operations duties to keep the reservations office operating smoothly
What we are looking for:
- Ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and fluently
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Legal right to be employed in the U.S.
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to travel regionally and in Canada (a felony or DUI conviction can disqualify entry to Canada)
- Sales experience, as this is a competitive sales environment where up-selling is critical to success
- Travel or hospitality experience and/or general knowledge of the Pacific Northwest
- Professional phone experience with a multi-line phone or in a call center setting
- Foreign language proficiency, bilingual capabilities in addition to the English fluency can be useful as Clipper draws customers from around the globe!
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
Salary and Benefits:
$16.00/hour, plus commissions (average earnings is $21.00 per hour total); transportation stipend; health benefits; 401k; travel benefits.
Company Overview: Clipper Navigation, Inc. dba Clipper Vacations – is well known as the travel experts for the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada. Since 1986, Clipper has provided transportation, tours and accommodation packages for over 8 million customers. Clipper Vacations offers opportunities to experience picturesque and popular destinations such as: cosmopolitan Seattle or Vancouver, charming Victoria, vibrant Portland, and Vancouver Island.
Disclaimer statement: This job description is intended only to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee in this position. It is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills or abilities required or persons so classified or assigned.
It is the policy of Clipper Navigation, Inc., not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, creed, religion, marital status, citizenship, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities or employment as required by law.
To apply for this position please follow the link below and complete our online application via ADP. Please include a resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
** Due to the large volume of applications we receive for this position, we are only able to contact applicants that we feel may be a good fit for the role. No phone calls please. **
David Gudgel, Chief Executive Officer
David joined Clipper in April of 2014 as the VP of Business Development, was promoted to COO in January of 2015 and then promoted to co-CEO in May of 2017. David has been involved in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska travel industry for more than 27 years. He began his career working for Holland America Line as a tour bus driver in Juneau, Alaska as a summer job during college.
David stayed with Holland America Line in several different capacities for over 15 years, spending the last 6 of those as the General Manager for Gray Line of Seattle and Horizon Coach Lines. It was during this period that he first began working with Clipper as a partner in providing Northwest Getaways and in providing emergency services. David is a graduate of Gonzaga University and earned a B.S. in Business Administration.