Careers with a Water View
Do you have a water view at work? Always wanted one? What about a workplace with incredible co-workers and an in-house Café with the best scrambled eggs and avocado breakfast? Clipper is calling!
We are always looking for talented people to join our team. But we want to make sure that our culture is right for you! So, ask yourself:
- How awesome are you?
- How entrepreneurial, strategic and innovative are you?
- Are you ready to learn and develop new skills?
Check out our benefits below and learn more about how much we value work-life balance and personal time.
- Free trips on the Victoria Clipper ferries!
- Generous PTO, Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Parking and transportation subsidy
- Membership to Life Balance Program
- Growing our staff through internal career opportunities
- Training opportunities (internal and external)
- Employee discount at the Clipper Café
- Travel benefits with Virgin America, Frontier, Harbour Air Seaplanes & Kenmore Air
- Industry rate discounts with our hotel and tour partners
- Access to Port of Seattle TightReach Exercise Facility
- 20% off at 5th Avenue Theater
See a current position below that fits your vision? Let’s have a chat!
Current Job Openings
Summary of Key Responsibilities (not limited to the following):
- Make custom vacation packages and reservations for Victoria Clipper passengers over the phone using proprietary booking software in a high-volume inbound call center setting
- Assist passengers in person with reservations, ticketing, and check-in prior to travel on the Clipper vessels while demonstrating outstanding customer service skills
- Ensure that customers are informed of important rules and regulations for international travel and that they have correct identification and travel documents
- Provide friendly insight to people asking for local information and recommendations
- Day-to-day administrative and operations duties to keep the reservations office operating smoothly
Qualifications and Skills Required: Candidates must possess these attributes to be considered
- Ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and fluently
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Legal right to be employed in the U.S.
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to travel regionally and in Canada (a felony or DUI conviction can disqualify entry to Canada)
Qualifications and Skills Preferred: Additional qualifications or skills that are not required of an applicant, but would be beneficial in this position
- Sales experience, as this is a competitive and sales environment where up-selling is critical to success
- Travel or hospitality experience and/or general knowledge of the Pacific Northwest
- Professional phone experience, especially with a multi-line phone or in a call center setting
- Foreign language proficiency, bilingual capabilities in addition to the English fluency can be useful as Clipper draws customers from around the globe!
Salary and Benefits: $15.50/hour, plus commissions; transportation stipend; health benefits; 401k; travel benefits
Disclaimer statement: This job description is intended only to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee in this position. It is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills or abilities required or persons so classified or assigned.
It is the policy of Clipper Navigation, Inc., not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, creed, religion, marital status, citizenship, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities or employment as required by law
Follow the link below to apply online at ADP.com. No phone calls please.
David Gudgel, Chief Executive Officer
David joined Clipper in April of 2014 as the VP of Business Development, was promoted to COO in January of 2015 and then promoted to co-CEO in May of 2017. David has been involved in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska travel industry for more than 27 years. He began his career working for Holland America Line as a tour bus driver in Juneau, Alaska as a summer job during college.
David stayed with Holland America Line in several different capacities for over 15 years, spending the last 6 of those as the General Manager for Gray Line of Seattle and Horizon Coach Lines. It was during this period that he first began working with Clipper as a partner in providing Northwest Getaways and in providing emergency services. David is a graduate of Gonzaga University and earned a B.S. in Business Administration.
Tobias Haack, Chief Executive Officer
Tobias Haack joined Clipper in August 2016 with more than 15 years working experience in the maritime industry. Prior to his new role at Clipper, Tobias has been working for FRS as Director of Business Development since 2015, supporting the General Management team in identifying new business opportunities and developing international expansion strategies for the FRS Group.
Tobias worked as Project Engineer for Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft, a shipyard based in Flensburg, Germany, and as Head of Sales for Rolls-Royce Marine Germany in previous years.
Ileana Prado, Vice President of Human Resources
Ileana Prado, Vice President of Human Resources, North America, is an accomplished HR professional with over 18 years of experience in the public and private sectors. Ileana joined Clipper Vacations in 2015 as its first Human Resources leader, reporting to the CEO. After building a best in class HR department, her responsibilities have expanded to include senior leadership, not only of Clipper but for other sister companies within the FRS Group.
Prior to joining Clipper Vacations, Ileana was a senior executive at Sesame Communications, where she played a pivotal role in preparing the company for a successful M&A. Ileana is a graduate of Loma Linda University with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with minors in psychology and marketing.