Careers with a Water View
Do you have a stunning water view at work? Always wanted one? Love helping guide locals and visitors from around the world on trips across the Pacific Northwest? FRS Clipper is calling!
We are always looking for talented people to join our team. But we want to make sure that our culture is right for you! So, ask yourself:
- Are you ready to join FRS’ world-class high-performing global team of maritime and travel experts?
- How entrepreneurial, strategic and innovative are you?
- Do you love going above and beyond to help others?
- Are you a team player who consistently maintains a positive mindset?
- Are you ready to learn and develop new skills?
Check out our benefits below and learn more about how much we value work-life balance and personal time.
- Free trips on the Victoria Clipper V and San Juan Clipper!
- Generous PTO, Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Parking and transportation subsidy
- Membership to Life Balance Program
- Growing our staff through internal career opportunities
- Training opportunities (internal and external)
- Travel benefits with Alaska Air, Frontier, Harbour Air Seaplanes & Kenmore Air
- Industry rate discounts with our hotel and tour partners
- Access to Port of Seattle TightReach Exercise Facility
See a current position below that fits your vision? Let’s have a chat!
Current Job Openings
Engineer / Able Seafarer Engine
FRS Clipper seeks an individual who shares our passion and love of the Pacific Northwest and wants to join us as Chief Engineer, Engineer and/or Able Seafarer Engine. This position is a key contributor to the safe and efficient operation of the Victoria Clipper V and San Juan Clipper vessels and essential to providing fast, safe and reliable transportation to our guests.
- Supervises and/or supports the daily technical operation of one of the vessels in the fleet
- Monitors vessel seaworthiness, crew and safety as well as environmental protection
- Maintains and repairs technical equipment of the fleet and related onshore equipment
- Contributes to the conversion and modification of the vessels
- Contributes to compliance with all applicable rules requirements and safety management
- Line and luggage handling
- Cleaning technical spaces
- Preferred for Engineer positions: USCG license- DDE unlimited or Third Assistant unlimited or above with SCTW III/2 designation
- MTU and/or water jet experience (preferred), water jet experience helpful
- Knowledge of diesel engines, hydraulics, basic electrical, basic HVAC
- Citizen of the U.S. or have the legal right to be employed in the U.S.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to travel regionally and in Canada
FRS Clipper seeks individuals who share our passion and love of the Pacific Northwest and wants to join us as Reservations Agents. This position guides guests in planning, booking and managing reservations for FRS Clipper transportation as well as hotel/tour package trips across the Pacific Northwest to all destinations served by Clipper!
- Make custom vacation packages and reservations for FRS Clipper guests over the phone using proprietary booking software in a high-volume inbound call center setting
- Assist passengers in-person with reservations, ticketing, and check-in prior to travel on FRS Clipper vessels while demonstrating outstanding customer service skills
- Ensure that guests are informed of important rules and regulations for international travel and that they have correct identification and travel documents
- Provide accurate local knowledge, product offering insights and insider tips for guests asking for local information, recommendations and trip planning guidance
- Conduct day-to-day administrative and operations duties to keep the reservations office operating smoothly
- Ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and fluently
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Legal right to be employed in the U.S.
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to travel regionally and in Canada (a felony or DUI conviction can disqualify entry to Canada)
- Sales experience, as this is a competitive sales environment where up-selling is critical to success
- Travel or hospitality experience and/or travel and insider local knowledge of the Pacific Northwest
- Professional phone experience with a multi-line phone or in a call center setting
- Foreign language proficiency, bilingual capabilities in addition to the English fluency can be useful as Clipper draws guests from around the globe!
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Due to the large volume of applications we receive for this position, we are only able to contact applicants that we feel may be a good fit for the role.
David Gudgel, Chief Executive Officer
David joined FRS Clipper in April of 2014 as the VP of Business Development, was promoted to COO in January of 2015 and then promoted to co-CEO in May of 2017. He has been involved in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska travel industry for more than 27 years and began his career working for Holland America Line as a tour bus driver in Juneau, Alaska as a summer job during college.
David stayed with Holland America Line in several different capacities for over 15 years, spending the last 6 of those as the General Manager for Gray Line of Seattle and Horizon Coach Lines. It was during this period that he first began working with FRS Clipper as a partner in providing Northwest Getaways and in providing emergency services. David is a graduate of Gonzaga University and earned a B.S. in Business Administration.