March 17, 18, 24, 25 and 31, 2018
April 1, 7, 8, 21 and 22, 2018
- A perfect weekend escape and whale sightings guaranteed!*
- The ONLY gray whale watching cruise departing from downtown Seattle
- Expert onboard naturalist to help guide tour and educate
About this Trip
Share the Sound with some 35 ton visitors on a gray whale watching trip from downtown Seattle on the San Juan Clipper with a stopover on the in the picturesque town of Langley on Whidbey Island! With the guidance of Clipper’s expert onboard naturalist, you will be on the lookout for these special whales as they migrate north with their calves in tow. A unique, limited opportunity to see these amazing creatures!
Journey out of downtown Seattle aboard the San Juan Clipper into the shimmering waters of the Puget Sound to catch sight of watch majestic gray whales. Learn all about these magnificent 35 ton mammals from your onboard expert naturalist, who will also highlight smaller sealife. Enjoy a two-hour stopover at the charming waterfront town of Langley on Whidbey Island. Explore the town’s boutique shops, art galleries and gourmet restaurants before heading back to Seattle.
NOTE: Please note that there is a small hill that leads from where San Juan Clipper dock up to the town. The walk from the dock to the town is approximately 10 minutes. A small shuttle service will be available if you need assistance ascending or descending the hill to the town.
Boarding at Pier 69 downtown Seattle: 8:15 am – 8:45 am
Depart Seattle: 9:00 am
Cruise and Whale Watching: 9:00 a.m. 12:00 pm
Arrive Langley, Whidbey Island – May arrive/depart 1 hour earlier if determined that whales will be viewed in the afternoon: 12:00 pm
Depart Langley: 2:30 pm
Arrive Seattle: 4:00 pm
*Although the overall day should not vary by much, the itinerary will remain somewhat flexible to allow for viewing the whales Northbound or Southbound, or possibly in another area, depending where the whales happen to be feeding on those dates. Times are approximate.
Prices vary by season. Prices listed are minimum prices per adult. All applicable taxes included.
• *Whale sightings guaranteed. If we do not see whales on your day excursion, you can take another Gray Whale excursion or San Juan Islands Whale Watching Day Trip for free.
• **1 child (1-11 yrs. old) are half of applicable adult fare. Restrictions may apply.
• *Advanced Purchase fare requires booking at least 3 days in advance.
• Changes or cancellations received more than 7 days prior to scheduled tour origination are charged a 15% amendment/cancellation fee.
• Within 7 days prior to travel; the reservation is non-refundable, non-changeable and noncancelable.
• Children are half of applicable adult fare. Restrictions may apply.
9.6% Washington state sales tax not included
• Pricing in USD and may vary based on actual travel dates
• Subject to change
"Amazing experience! The naturalist was extremely informative and friendly."
- Erica S.
"This was wonderful. Our naturalist kept us informed during the total excursion… We have taken many tours in many countries, and this was the most enjoyable one yet."
- Deborah K., North Dakota
"Very professional staff. Comfortable boat. Beautiful scenery and whales. What’s not to like?"
- Marty B., Olympia, WA
Seattle To San Juan Islands CruiseLearn more about Seattle To San Juan Islands Cruise