September 9 - October 13, 2019 - (Fri-Sun)
- The ONLY Seattle whale watching tour to the San Juan Islands
- Whale sightings guaranteed!*
- Expert onboard naturalist guides and educates passengers
- Locally-sourced onboard food and drink menu
- 2-hour stopover in the picturesque town of Friday Harbor
About this Trip
Go whale watching from Seattle! Hop on the San Juan Clipper and cruise out of Pier 69 on the only Seattle whale watching tour to the San Juan Islands that leaves directly from downtown Seattle.
Under the guidance of an onboard expert naturalist, you will be taken to an area world-renowned for orca whales as well as humpback and minke whales! Afterward, enjoy a 2-hour stopover in the picturesque town of Friday Harbor on San Juan Island where you can eat, shop and explore.
Have more time? Check out our Seattle to San Juan Island Overnight with Whale Watching package.
Depart direct from downtown Seattle and soak in stunning scenery as your cruise north through scenic Deception Pass on your way to Friday Harbor. Under the guidance of your onboard expert naturalist, journey to a region world-renowned for wildlife, where you will be on the lookout for orca, humpback and minke whales as well as bald eagles and seals. Upon your arrival in Friday Harbor, wander the town’s picturesque streets, visit the Whale Museum or check out these other ideas:
- What to Know Before You Go: Clipper Whale FAQ
- Discover San Juan Islands whale watching: A portal to PNW paradise
- Spend the day with the real locals
For more ideas, see our list of 25 things to do in Friday Harbor and San Juan Islands.
8:15 AM: Depart Pier 69 in Seattle
12:00 PM: Arrive Friday Harbor (if you are going whale watching, you stay on the boat)
12:15 PM to 2:45 PM: Whale & Sealife Search
2:45 PM to 5:00 PM: Free time in Friday Harbor
5:15 PM: Depart Friday Harbor
8:00 PM: Arrive Seattle
Learn more about Clipper’s whale and sealife conservation and education work.
Prices vary by season. Prices listed are minimum prices per adult. All applicable taxes included.
•*Whale sightings guaranteed: If you do not see whales during the Whale & Sealife Search, you will receive a coupon for a complimentary trip.
• 1 child (1-11 yrs old) $25 per paying adult, additional children half applicable adult fare.
• Due to the time spent on the boat during this nearly 12-hour day trip, it is not recommended for children under 6. Adults traveling with young children should plan accordingly by bringing books, videos, games, toys etc. to assist in keeping them occupied. There is a great deal to see throughout the day but it may be more than a young child can appreciate.
• Military discounts available
• A $2.60 pp / RT Port fee and a security fee will be added to all San Juan Fares
• Round trip fares are for day trips only. Overnight fares are priced as two one ways.
• Pricing in USD and may vary based on actual travel dates
• Restrictions apply, subject to change
"The naturalist was extremely informative and friendly, we got to see the transient whale pod who seemed to be hunting… Hopefully going to be able to do it all again someday :)"
- Erica S.
"This was wonderful. Our naturalist kept us informed during the total excursion… We have taken many tours in many countries, and this was the most enjoyable one yet."
- Deborah K., North Dakota
"Our trip was amazing. We had whale sightings 30 minutes into our trip. We saw 3 different species of whale, porpoises, American bald eagles, and seals the entire day."
- Van Nita S.
Seattle To San Juan Islands CruiseLearn more about Seattle To San Juan Islands Cruise