- The ONLY Seattle whale watching tour to the San Juan Islands
- Whale sightings guaranteed!*
- Expert onboard naturalist guides and educates passengers
- Locally-sourced onboard food and drink menu
- Brand NEW seats and seat selection!
- 2-hour stopover in the picturesque town of Friday Harbor
About this Whale Watching Tour
Go whale watching from Seattle! Hop on the San Juan Clipper and cruise out of Pier 69 on the only Seattle whale watching tour to the San Juan Islands that leaves directly from downtown Seattle.
Under the guidance of an onboard expert naturalist, you will be taken on a full-day trip to an area world-renowned for transient orca whales as well as humpback and minke whales! Afterward, enjoy a 2-hour stopover in the picturesque town of Friday Harbor on San Juan Island where you can eat, shop and explore.
Interested in just whale watching? Check out our Seattle Whale Watching Tour (Half-Day).
Please read Clipper’s Safe Travel Guide for our current travel policies and protocol.
Depart direct from downtown Seattle and soak in stunning scenery as your cruise north through scenic Deception Pass on your way to Friday Harbor. Under the guidance of your onboard expert naturalist, journey to a region world-renowned for wildlife, where you will be on the lookout for orca, humpback and minke whales as well as bald eagles and seals. Upon your arrival in Friday Harbor, wander the town’s picturesque streets, sip a local craft brew at San Juan Brewing Company, visit the Whale Museum or check out these other ideas:
- 25 things to do in Friday Harbor and San Juan Islands
- Seattle to San Juan Island: How to Plan the Perfect Weekend Escape
8:15 AM: Depart Pier 69 in Seattle
12:00 PM: Arrive Friday Harbor (if you are going whale watching, you stay on the boat)
12:15 PM to 2:45 PM: Whale & Sealife Search
2:45 PM to 5:00 PM: Free time in Friday Harbor
5:15 PM: Depart Friday Harbor
8:00 PM: Arrive Seattle
Learn more about Clipper’s whale and sealife conservation and education work.
Prices vary by season. Prices listed are minimum prices per adult. All applicable taxes included.
•*Whale sightings guaranteed: If you do not see whales during the Whale & Sealife Search, you will receive a voucher for a complimentary trip.
• Cancellation Policy: For prices listed, changes or cancellations received 2 or more days before tour start date are fully refundable. Within 2 days before tour start date the reservation is non-refundable, non-changeable.
• Due to the time spent on the boat during this nearly 12-hour day trip, it is not recommended for children under 6. There is a great deal to see throughout the day but it may be more than a young child can appreciate.
• A $2.60 pp / RT Port fee and a $8 pp / RT Health & Security Fee will be added to all San Juan Fares.
• Pricing in USD and may vary based on actual travel dates.
• Restrictions apply, subject to change and WUTC approval.
"The naturalist was extremely informative and friendly, we got to see the transient whale pod who seemed to be hunting… Hopefully going to be able to do it all again someday :)"
- Erica S. Facebook
"This was wonderful. Our naturalist kept us informed during the total excursion… We have taken many tours in many countries, and this was the most enjoyable one yet."
- Deborah K., North Dakota TripAdvisor
"Our trip was amazing. We had whale sightings 30 minutes into our trip. We saw 3 different species of whale, porpoises, American bald eagles, and seals the entire day."
- Van Nita S. Facebook