- A rite of passage in Victoria, the Empress has been serving tea since 1908
- Choose from 21 of the finest loose leaf teas available, including the Empress blend, created exclusively for Fairmont Empress by the Metropolitan Tea Company.
- One of our most popular activities!
About this Trip:
Give yourself the royal treatment with tea at the Fairmont Empress on a Victoria, BC overnight getaway! Stay at one of our hand-picked hotels and cozy up in the Empress’ sophisticated Lobby Lounge and sip on one of 21 of the finest loose leaf teas paired with a three-tiered platter brimming with mouth-watering sandwiches and pastries. A quintessential Victorian tradition, this experience should be at the top of your to-do list! Kids are half-price adult fare.
In the morning, climb aboard our sleek, high-speed Clipper catamaran at Pier 69 and enjoy a scenic cruise from downtown Seattle to downtown Victoria, BC. Upon arrival, check into your hotel and make the short stroll to the iconic Fairmont Empress and pop into elegant Lobby Lounge for afternoon tea.
Sip on a cup of delicious tea paired with a lineup of tasty treats. Use the rest of the day to pamper yourself at the hotels amazing Willow Stream Spa, explore the stunning Craigdarroch Castle or check out a few of these other gems around the city:
Enjoy a day to further explore the quaint city of Victoria before enjoying a relaxing cruise back to Seattle in the evening. Learn more about the history of Victoria at the Royal BC Museum, say “hello” to the harbor seals at the popular Fisherman’s Wharf or discover a few of our other favorite activities:
For more ideas, see 150 things to do in Victoria
Prices vary by season. Prices listed are minimum prices per adult. All applicable taxes included.
• Dress code in effect: No athletic wear (sweatpants, sports shorts, sport jerseys), no baseball caps, no beach sandals, no beach attire (tank tops, halter tops, bathing suits, tube tops) and no shorts or ripped/torn/cut-off jeans allowed
• Call 800-888-2535 if you have dietary restrictions. The Empress is happy to accommodate vegan, diabetic and gluten-free Afternoon Tea but any dietary restrictions must be noted at the time of booking.
• Children pay 50% of adult fare when booked in conjunction with an overnight package
• All prices shown in USD including tax
• Best available rates based on 7-day minimum advance purchase
• Rates may be higher per segment of travel for Saturday departures from Seattle and Sunday departures from Victoria
• A fuel surcharge, port and security fee may be added to all Victoria / Seattle fares
• Passport, Passport Card or EDL required when crossing an international border
• Restrictions apply, subject to change
"The visit in Victoria was one I’ll never in my life forget… The attractions were astonishing. If I could, I would live there in a heartbeat. Definitely planning on visiting again."
- Rachel June H.
"The visitor experience in Victoria is amazing, they really have embraced welcoming people. Lots of great restaurants and street performers to enjoy."
"We have taken the Clipper to Victoria numerous times over the years. I love this service, always professional and friendly service."
- Mindy S., Mukilteo, WA
Seattle to Victoria OvernightLearn more about Seattle to Victoria Overnight