IMPORTANT: Please visit our ID and Requirements page to review required documents for entry into Canada.
- SAVE 20% or more on round-trip Victoria Clipper ferry when booking 2-nights or more in Victoria. Kids 11 and under are half-price adult fare!
- Rated among the world’s most beautiful garden attractions & top places to go in Canada by USA Today, CNN Travel, Condé Nast, many more!
- Includes round-trip Victoria Clipper fast ferry from Seattle, motorcoach pickup right from the FRS Clipper Victoria terminal plus admission to The Butchart Gardens
- Complimentary luggage storage and delivery to your hotel (if hotel is booked with FRS Clipper) while visiting The Butchart Gardens
- Returns you to Victoria with an afternoon drop off in front of The Fairmont Empress hotel
About this Trip
No visit to Victoria is complete without exploring the world-renowned The Butchart Gardens! Journey from downtown Seattle on the Clipper and experience 55-acres of floral splendor on your overnight Victoria, BC vacation.
Created in 1904 by Jennie Butchart to restore natural beauty to her husband’s mined-out quarry, the lush grounds are simply amazing. Explore the array of colorful flowers and don’t miss the award-winning Afternoon Tea!
Need some travel inspiration? Check out our Ultimate Guide to The Butchart Gardens.
Have luggage? No problem. We offer complimentary luggage storage for all guests and luggage delivery to your hotel (if hotel is booked with FRS Clipper) while visiting The Butchart Gardens.
Itinerary Day 1:
NOTE: Times may vary by season. Below reflects a sample itinerary for June 15 – Sep 30, 2022.
7:30 AM Depart Pier 69 in Seattle – Climb aboard the Victoria Clipper fast ferry at Pier 69 for a quick and scenic 2-hour and 45-minute cruise through the Salish Sea to the heart of downtown Victoria.
11:50 AM Depart Victoria Terminal on Motorcoach – Hop on a motorcoach directly from the FRS Clipper Victoria terminal for a scenic narrated 45-minute drive to The Butchart Gardens.
12:40 PM Arrive at The Butchart Gardens – Immerse yourself of 55-acre oasis that is The Butchart Gardens. Wander past a variety of colorful plants and flowers and indulge in the Dining Room restaurant’s award-winning Afternoon Tea service.
Depart The Butchart Gardens (flexible, your choice of bus back: 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm) – Enjoy a motorcoach ride back to Victoria’s downtown core.
Arrive Back in Downtown Victoria (based on departure time chosen from The Butchart Gardens, trip back to Victoria is about 35 minutes) – You’ll be dropped off back in front of The Fairmont Empress hotel on the Inner Harbour. Use the rest of the day and evening to check into your hotel and explore the city. Shop the unique boutiques on Johnson Street, check out the colorful floating homes at Fisherman’s Wharf or wander down the famously narrow Fan Tan Alley in Chinatown.
In the morning, enjoy a delicious meal at one of Victoria’s fabulous brunch spots and use the rest of the day to explore the historic city before enjoying a relaxing cruise back to Seattle in the evening.
Go for a bike ride along the scenic Dallas Waterfront, say “hello” to the harbor seals at the popular Fisherman’s Wharf, explore the stunning Craigdarroch Castle or discover a few of our other favorite activities:
- 50 things to do in Victoria, BC this summer
- Shop the array of unique boutiques on Johnson Street
- Explore the city by foot, bike or bus
For more ideas, see 150 things to do in Victoria
To change your FRS Clipper Butchart Gardens Tour to your second day or for help further customizing your vacation, please call our FRS Clipper Vacations travel experts at 1-800-888-2535.
Prices vary by season. Prices listed are minimum prices per adult. All applicable taxes included.
• Pricing in USD and may vary based on actual travel dates
• Best available rates based on 7-day minimum advance purchase
• Rates may be higher per segment of travel for Saturday departures from Seattle and Sunday departures from Victoria
• Children pay 50% of adult fare when booked in conjunction with an overnight package
• Passport, Passport Card or EDL required when crossing an international border
• A fuel surcharge, port and security fee may be added to all Victoria / Seattle fares
• Restrictions apply, subject to change
"We booked a Clipper Vacation that included Butchart Gardens and Empress High Tea… The entire package was unbelievably reasonable. Everything was perfect! We enjoyed it all."
- Jeanie L., Billings, MT TripAdvisor
"Clipper staff are easy to talk to and willing to answer any and all questions. They make booking hotels and excursions a snap! We will be traveling on the Victoria Clipper again soon!"
- Monica D., Olympia, WA Yelp
"We love gardens around the world. Butchart Gardens is one of our favorites, but getting there can be inconvenient by car. We take the Clipper to Victoria and avoid the hassle."
- RealRoadWarrior, San Clemente, CA TripAdvisor