- SAVE 20% or more on round-trip Victoria Clipper fast ferry when booking 2-nights or more in Victoria. Kids 11 and under are half-price adult fare!
- The Butchart Gardens are rated among the world’s most beautiful garden attractions & top places to go in Canada by USA Today, CNN Travel, Condé Nast, many more!
- A rite of passage in Victoria, the Empress has been serving tea since 1908
About this Trip:
Treat yourself to a well-deserved 2-night escape and experience two quintessential Victoria traditions, the world-renowned Butchart Gardens and afternoon tea at the Fairmont Empress!
Cruise along Vancouver Island’s scenic countryside to The Butchart Gardens to experience 55 acres chock-full of colorful flowers, before giving yourself the royal treatment with a phenomenal afternoon tea at the Fairmont Empress.
An absolute must-do in Victoria, no visit to BC’s capital city is complete without exploring these two iconic spots!
In the morning, climb aboard our sleek, high-speed Victoria Clipper V fast ferry at Pier 69 and enjoy a scenic cruise from downtown Seattle to downtown Victoria, BC. Upon arrival, hop on the double-decker motorcoach at our Victoria terminal for a narrated tour of Victoria’s landmarks before arriving at The Butchart Gardens.
Immerse yourself in more than 300,000 blooms as you wander through the 55 acre grounds. Discover a rainbow of colors in iconic Sunken Garden, relax in the Japanese Garden or soak in exotic plants in the Mediterranean Garden before hopping back on a motor coach for the return trip to Victoria.
Have luggage? No problem. If you are joining a tour departing directly from our Victoria terminal, we offer complimentary luggage delivery service to our Victoria downtown hotel partners, or luggage storage at our Victoria terminal until you return.
Enjoy a delicious meal at one of Victoria’s fabulous brunch spots before exploring around town. Check out the Royal BC Museum, wander through Chinatown or shop the unique boutiques on Johnson Street.
When your feet need a rest, stroll to the iconic Fairmont Empress and pop into elegant Lobby Lounge for afternoon tea. Sip on one of 21 of the finest loose leaf teas paired with a three-tiered platter brimming with mouth-watering sandwiches and pastries.
Use the rest of the day to pamper yourself at the hotel’s amazing Willow Stream Spa, pay a visit to the stunning Craigdarroch Castle or check out a few of these other gems around the city:
- Eat at these 5 must-visit brunch spots in Victoria, BC
- Shop the array of unique boutiques on Johnson Street
- Discover off the beaten path locations
For more ideas, see 150 things to do in Victoria
Take advantage of another day in BC’s capital to explore the quaint city and check out colorful public markets, make friends with the local harbor seals at Fisherman’s Wharf or grab a bite to eat before returning to Seattle mid-morning (from May to early-September) or in the evening.
Clipper Vacations guarantees you the best price on a round-trip Victoria Clipper cruise and hotel stay with our overnight packages, making us a trusted one-stop-shop for transportation, hotels and tours.
Prices vary by season. Prices listed are minimum prices per adult. All applicable taxes included.
• Recommended tour time is 4.5 hours to fully experience The Gardens. Flexible return times available from The Butchart Gardens to the Victoria Inner Harbour.
• Dress code in effect for tea at the Empress: Please refrain from wearing hats (except fascinators or fancy tea hats), tank tops, beachwear, athleisure wear, flip flops or bare feet (except for elegant sandals), clothing with explicit or offensive wording or graphics. Guests who arrive in unsuitable attire may be politely declined.
• Call 800-888-2535 if you have dietary restrictions. The Empress is happy to accommodate vegan, diabetic and gluten-free Afternoon Tea but any dietary restrictions must be noted at the time of booking.
• Pricing in USD and may vary based on actual travel dates
• Best available rates based on 7-day minimum advance purchase
• Rates may be higher per segment of travel for Saturday departures from Seattle and Sunday departures from Victoria
• Passport, Passport Card or EDL required when crossing an international border
• A fuel surcharge, port and security fee may be added to all Victoria / Seattle fares
• Restrictions apply, subject to change
"We booked a Clipper Vacation that included Butchart Gardens and Empress High Tea… The entire package was unbelievably reasonable. Everything was perfect! We enjoyed it all."
- Jeanie L., Billings, MT TripAdvisor
"Easy, smooth, beautiful travel to and from Canada. Dockside within walking distance to hotel, shopping, beautiful museums, botanical gardens, the Empress, historical buildings and experiences."
- Sara M. Google
"We took the round trip Clipper, combined with a stay at the Chateau Victoria, a bus tour of the city, and the Butchart Gardens… The entire stay exceeded expectations!!"
- JS TripAdvisor