IMPORTANT: Please visit our ID and Requirements page to review required documents for entry into Canada.
- Our MOST POPULAR tour! SAVE 20% or more on round-trip Victoria Clipper ferry when booking 2-nights or more in Victoria. Kids 11 and under are half-price adult fare!
- The Butchart Gardens are rated among the world’s most beautiful garden attractions & top places to go in Canada by USA Today, CNN Travel, Condé Nast, many more!
- Includes motorcoach pickup right from the FRS Clipper Victoria terminal
- Complimentary luggage storage and delivery to your hotel (if booked with FRS Clipper) while visiting The Butterfly Gardens and The Butchart Gardens
- Returns you to Victoria with an afternoon drop off in front of The Fairmont Empress hotel
About this Trip
Explore the fascinating Victoria Butterfly Gardens & Insectarium and the world-renowned The Butchart Gardens on an overnight getaway to Victoria, BC!
Immerse yourself in the beauty of Victoria on a narrated drive of some of the city’s landmarks. Stop at the tropical Victoria Butterfly Gardens, where you’ll encounter more than 70 species of tropical butterflies, insects and other creatures before heading to the famous The Butchart Gardens for 55-acres of floral splendor.
Have luggage? No problem. Complimentary luggage storage for all guests and delivery to your hotel (if hotel is booked with FRS Clipper) while visiting The Butchart Gardens
Itinerary Day 1:
NOTE: Times may vary by season.
7:30 AM Depart Pier 69 in Seattle – Climb aboard the Victoria Clipper fast ferry at Pier 69 for a quick and scenic 2-hour and 45-minute cruise through the Salish Sea to the heart of downtown Victoria.
11:25 AM Depart Victoria Terminal on Motorcoach – Hop on a motorcoach for a scenic narrated 45-minute drive to The Butchart Gardens.
12:10 PM Arrive at The Butterfly Gardens – Enjoy a one hour stop at the Victoria Butterfly Gardens Butterfly Gardens & Insectarium and experience more than 70 different species of tropical butterflies, insects and other creatures.
12:45 PM Pick-up from The Butterfly Gardens – Your motorcoach will return to pick you up and head to The Butchart Gardens.
12:50 PM Arrive at The Butchart Gardens – Immerse yourself of 55-acre oasis that is The Butchart Gardens. Wander past a variety of colorful plants and flowers and indulge in the Dining Room restaurant’s award-winning Afternoon Tea service.
2:45 PM Depart The Butchart Gardens – Enjoy a motorcoach ride back to Victoria’s downtown core.
3:25 PM Arrive Back in Downtown Victoria – You’ll be dropped off back in front of The Fairmont Empress hotel on the Inner Harbour. Use the rest of the day to check into your hotel and explore the city. Shop the unique boutiques on Johnson Street, check out the colorful floating homes at Fisherman’s Wharf or wander down the famously narrow Fan Tan Alley in Chinatown.
In the morning, grab brunch at one of Victoria’s outstanding restaurants and use the rest of the day to explore the quaint city of Victoria before enjoying a tranquil cruise back to Seattle in the evening.
Picnic in Beacon Hill Park, say “hello” to the harbor seals at the popular Fisherman’s Wharf, learn more about the region’s history at the Royal BC Museum, explore the stunning Craigdarroch Castle or discover a few of our other favorite activities:
For more ideas, see 150 things to do in Victoria
To change your Clipper Butchart Gardens with Butterfly Gardens Tour to your second day or for help further customizing your vacation, please call our Clipper Vacations travel experts at 1-800-888-2535.
Prices vary by season. Prices listed are minimum prices per adult. All applicable taxes included.
• Pricing in USD and may vary based on actual travel dates
• Best available rates based on 7-day minimum advance purchase
• Rates may be higher per segment of travel for Saturday departures from Seattle and Sunday departures from Victoria
• Children pay 50% of adult fares when booked in conjunction with an overnight package
• Passport, Passport Card or EDL required when crossing an international border
• A fuel surcharge, port and security fee may be added to all Victoria / Seattle fares
• Restrictions apply, subject to change
"The bus was waiting for us and the driver gave a great tour on our way to the gardens. After the garden, he dropped us off at our hotel… We will do it again."
- JS TripAdvisor
"Booked the overnight stay at the Hotel Grand Pacific and Butchart Gardens and Butterfly exhibit tour. Absolutely wonderful having everything in one package!"
- Ashley M. Google
"The easy way to visit Butchart Gardens without driving!"
- RealRoadWarrior, San Clemente, CA TripAdvisor