IMPORTANT: Please visit our ID and Requirements page to review required documents for entry into Canada.
- NOTE: This tour only available until June 14, 2022 that includes the Butterfly Gardens. Our regular Seattle to Victoria Overnight Day Trip with The Butchart Gardens is available to book for 2022 dates.
- The Butchart Gardens are rated among the world’s most beautiful garden attractions & top places to go in Canada by USA Today, CNN Travel, Condé Nast, National Geographic, TripAdvisor and Frommer’s
- Includes motorcoach pickup right from the FRS Clipper terminal in Victoria
- Includes a stop at the Butterfly Gardens on your way to The Butchart Gardens
- Returns you to Victoria with an afternoon drop off in front of The Fairmont Empress hotel
About this Trip
Discover Victoria’s garden paradise with a quick and easy day trip from downtown Seattle to downtown Victoria on the sleek, high-speed Clipper catamaran. Soak in the culture of Victoria on a narrated motor coach ride. Encounter more than 70 different species of butterflies, insects and other creatures at the Butterfly Gardens & Insectarium and surround yourself with more than 300,000 beautiful blooms at the world-renowned The Butchart Gardens!
Clipper’s Butchart Gardens Tour with a stop at The Butterfly Gardens
NOTE: Times may vary by season.
7:30 AM Depart Pier 69 in Seattle – Climb aboard the Victoria Clipper fast ferry at Pier 69 for a quick and scenic 2-hour and 45-minute cruise through the Salish Sea to the heart of downtown Victoria.
11:25 AM Depart Victoria Terminal on Motorcoach – Hop on a motorcoach for a scenic narrated 45-minute drive to The Butchart Gardens.
12:10 PM Arrive at The Butterfly Gardens – Enjoy a one hour stop at the Victoria Butterfly Gardens Butterfly Gardens & Insectarium and experience more than 70 different species of tropical butterflies, insects and other creatures.
12:45 PM Pick-up from The Butterfly Gardens – Your motorcoach will return to pick you up and head to The Butchart Gardens.
12:50 PM Arrive at The Butchart Gardens – Immerse yourself of 55-acre oasis that is The Butchart Gardens. Wander past a variety of colorful plants and flowers and indulge in the Dining Room restaurant’s award-winning Afternoon Tea service.
2:45 PM Depart The Butchart Gardens – Enjoy a motorcoach ride back to Victoria’s downtown core.
3:25 PM Arrive Back in Downtown Victoria – You’ll be dropped off back in front of The Fairmont Empress hotel on the Inner Harbour. Use the rest of the day to explore the city. Shop the unique boutiques on Johnson Street, check out the colorful floating homes at Fisherman’s Wharf or wander down the famously narrow Fan Tan Alley in Chinatown.
5:00 PM Depart Victoria – Hop back on the Victoria Clipper fast ferry for your scenic journey back to Seattle.
7:45 PM Arrive at Pier 69 in Seattle – Disembark the ferry and enjoy the rest of your evening on the Seattle waterfront!
Prices vary by season. Prices listed are minimum prices per adult. All applicable taxes included.
• Recommended tour time is 4.5 hours to fully experience The Gardens. Flexible return times available from The Butchart Gardens to the Victoria Inner Harbour.
• Includes all applicable taxes
• All prices shown in USD including tax
• Best available rates based on 7-day minimum advance purchase
• Rates may be higher per segment of travel for Saturday departures from Seattle and Sunday departures from Victoria
• A fuel surcharge, port and security fee may be added to all Victoria / Seattle fares
• Passport, Passport Card or EDL required when crossing an international border
• Restrictions apply, subject to change
"The gardens themselves were indescribable; without exaggeration, truly one of the most beautiful spots on planet earth. This trip is something I will never forget!"
- Ron R., Andover, MA TripAdvisor
"We love gardens around the world. Butchart Gardens is one of our favorites, but getting there can be inconvenient by car. We take the Clipper to Victoria and avoid the hassle."
- RealRoadWarrior, San Clemente, CA TripAdvisor
"We took the Clipper to Victoria and totally enjoyed every minute. The ride was comfortable and the scenery beautiful."
- DtheDawg, Texas TripAdvisor