- SAVE 20% or more on round-trip Victoria Clipper ferry when booking 2-nights or more in Victoria. Kids 11 and under are half-price adult fare!
- A relaxing 2-night stay surrounded by coastal forest and water vistas at Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa
- Soak in breathtaking views of the Northern Gulf Islands and Inlets from a heated coastal cruiser vessel
- Watch for orcas, humpback whales, Pacific white-sided dolphins, sea lions, harbor seals, black bears and even grizzlies!
About this Trip
Experience Vancouver Island’s fascinating wildlife with an Up Island getaway! Relax at the quiet, laid-back Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa and soak in picturesque views of Gartley Bay. The following day, journey to the breathtaking Campbell River area for the ultimate big animal expedition, where you’ll be on the lookout for orcas, humpback whales, Pacific white-sided dolphins, grizzlies and more as you cruise through the waters of Vancouver Island.
Begin your multi-day adventure with a relaxing morning cruise aboard the Victoria Clipper ferry from downtown Seattle’s Pier 69 into the heart of downtown Victoria, BC. Kick back in your comfortable seats, snack on the lineup of locally-sourced treats available onboard and gaze out at the breathtaking views.
Upon your arrival, pick up your rental car from Budget and take a scenic, 3-hour road trip to Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa in Courtenay. Relax and rejuvenate with a world-class spa treatment in the newly renovated Pacific Mist Spa and enjoy access to the spa’s steam cave, outdoor pool & hot tub and infrared sauna.
In the morning, grab a quick breakfast at AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar before heading to the Campbell River region, where you’ll hop Big Animal Encounters’ flagship coastal cruiser vessel – the “Pacific Seeker.”
From May 1- August 14 – Ply the waters of Desolation Sound on the lookout for orca whales, humpbacks, dolphins, sea lions, black bears and even grizzly bears on the shore. Enjoy a stop at a quiet marine park for a delicious BBQ lunch cooked up by your crew while you wander the local trails!
From August 15 – October 15 – Search for whales and other marine mammals as you cruise through Desolation Sound on your way to Orford River in Bute Inlet. Upon arrival, learn about Homalco First Nations culture before your expert guides lead you to numerous viewing platforms where you can catch sight of grizzly bears as they feast on salmon.
Enjoy brunch at the hotel before driving back to Victoria to return your rental car. Use the rest of the day to shop the array of unique boutiques Johnson Street or learn about Victoria’s rich history at the Royal BC Museum. In the evening, conclude your trip with a relaxing Victoria Clipper ferry ride back to Seattle.
Prices vary by season. Prices listed are minimum prices per adult. All applicable taxes included.
• Pricing in USD and may vary based on actual travel dates
• Best available rates based on 7-day minimum advance purchase
• Passport, Passport Card or EDL required when crossing an international border
• A fuel surcharge, port and security fee may be added to all Victoria / Seattle fares
• Subject to change
2-Night Vancouver Island Road TripLearn more about 2-Night Vancouver Island Road Trip