May 16 - September 8, 2019 - Daily
September 9 - October 13, 2019 - Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- The ONLY Seattle whale watching tour to the San Juan Islands
- Whale sightings guaranteed!*
- Expert onboard naturalist guides and educates passengers
- Locally-sourced onboard food and drink menu
- Overnight stay in the picturesque and historic town of Friday Harbor
About this Trip
Tap into the San Juan Island culture and live on “island time” with a San Juan Island overnight getaway in Friday Harbor. Cruise out of Pier 69 on the only San Juan Island whale watching tour that leaves directly from downtown Seattle and keep your eyes peeled as your onboard naturalist leads you on a search for orca, humpback and minke whales. In Friday Harbor, enjoy boutique shopping, excellent food or hike or bike around this serene island jewel.
Begin your adventure with a scenic cruise from downtown Seattle and soak in stunning scenery as you travel north through Deception Pass. With an expert onboard naturalist as your guide, journey to a region world-renowned for wildlife, where you will be on the lookout for orca, humpback and minke whales as well as bald eagles and seals.
Upon your arrival in Friday Harbor, wander the town’s picturesque streets, visit the Whale Museum or check out these other ideas:
- What to Know Before You Go: Clipper Whale FAQ
- Discover San Juan Islands whale watching: A portal to PNW paradise
- 10 photos that will inspire your next San Juan Island adventure
For more ideas, see our list of 25 things to do in Friday Harbor and San Juan Islands.
Spend the day exploring San Juan Island’s tranquil paradise. Drop by the San Juan Islands Museum of Art or learn more about our “real locals” at The Whale Museum. Rent a moped or bicycle and cruise around the peaceful, quaint town of Roche Harbor or get out on the water and kayak around the serene and dramatic limestone shoreline. Grab a local brew or cocktail at San Juan Island Distillery before concluding your journey with a relaxing San Juan Clipper cruise back to Seattle.
Your whale watching excursion may be taken on the second day. For help customizing your San Juan Islands vacation package, please call Clipper Vacations at 1-800-888-2535.
Prices vary by season. Prices listed are minimum prices per adult. All applicable taxes included.
• *Whale sightings guaranteed: If you do not see whales during the Whale & Sealife Search, you will receive a coupon for a complimentary trip.
• Pricing in USD and may vary based on actual travel dates
• Minimum 1-day advance purchase required
• A $2.60 pp / RT Port fee and a security fee will be added to all San Juan Fares
• Restrictions apply, subject to change
"The views were fabulous! We also used Clipper to book a hotel on San Juan Island. It was a great service for them to provide… Would recommend to friends."
- Stephanie J., Fort Lauderdale, FL
"What a great time! Saw orcas, a humpback and minke whales and loved every minute of it. Very professional staff."
- Marty B., Olympia, WA
"Saw whales two minutes after leaving the pier (and this was not the whale watching portion of the trip). Clean ship and the most magnificent views of the San Juan Islands."
- Mary F., Elizabeth City, NC
Seattle To San Juan Islands CruiseLearn more about Seattle To San Juan Islands Cruise