Your Amtrak® Cascades package is not reserved until confirmed by a Clipper Vacations agent within one day from time of booking. For weekend or holiday travel dates, please call us to confirm availability 14 days in advance.
- The perfect way to get a taste of the Pacific Northwest or as an addition to an Alaska cruise
- Excellent boutique shopping, Pacific Northwest dining and sightseeing
- The chance to spot an abundance of wildlife including bald eagles, sea lions, porpoises, orcas and more!
About this Trip
Experience four of the Pacific Northwest’s most beautiful cities: Seattle, Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands, Victoria and Vancouver. An excellent addition to a Seattle vacation, this epic journey allows you to immerse into the culture of the region. Soak in Seattle’s panoramic skyline, discover the historic charm of Victoria, enjoy small-town life in Friday Harbor and explore the vibrant metropolis of Vancouver.
Begin your getaway in Seattle exploring all that this picturesque West Coast city has to offer. Stroll the downtown waterfront and stop for a whirl on the Great Wheel. Sample treats at farm stands and chat with local artisans in the lively Pike Place Market. Ride to the top of the towering Space Needle for a bird’s-eye view of the region (trust us, it’s worth it) or soak in amazing panoramic city views from Gasworks Park. To help fill your day, consider checking out a few of our favorite things to do:
For more ideas, see 150 things to do in Seattle.
Venture out of downtown Seattle to Friday Harbor on the San Juan Clipper and soak in stunning scenery as you cruise north through Deception Pass. Your adventure continues as your expert onboard naturalist guides you on a 2.5-hour whale and sealife search. The region is world-renowned for amazing wildlife and you’ll be on the lookout for orca, minke and humpback whales! Spend the rest of day exploring Friday Harbor, visit the Whale Museum or check out these other ideas:
For more ideas, see our list of 25 things to do in Friday Harbor and San Juan Islands.
Enjoy a scenic cruise from Friday Harbor to Victoria aboard Washington State Ferries. Arrive in the quaint, seaside town of Sidney and catch a taxi or bus (not included) to Victoria, BC. Upon arrival in Victoria, immerse yourself in the city’s old-world charm and endless scenic vistas. Stroll among the symphony of vibrant blossoms in The Butchart Gardens, explore the opulent rooms of Craigdarroch Castle or discover a few of our other favorite activities:
- Tea at the Empress
- Shop the array of unique boutiques on Johnson Street
- Explore the city by foot, bike or bus
For more ideas, see 150 things to do in Victoria.
In the morning, journey from Victoria to the heart of downtown Vancouver by scenic BC Ferry, helicopter or float plane! Spend the day soaking in Vancouver’s rich cultural landscape and walk high in the air on the Capilano Suspension Bridge, stroll the thousand-acre Stanley Park, explore the historic Gastown, enjoy the array of samples at the bustling farmers market on Granville Island or experience a few other of the city’s gems:
- Vancouver’s must-try brunch spots
- Hike or stroll along Vancouver’s family-friendly trails
- Explore Vancouver’s food truck scene
For more ideas, see 50 things to do in Vancouver.
On the final day of your getaway, enjoy breakfast at one of Vancouver’s famous cafes and a little more time to explore the city before a scenic and relaxing Amtrak® Cascades train ride back to Seattle.
Upgrade to Harbour Air seaplane for the Victoria/Vancouver leg of travel. For a pre-or post-cruise package, itinerary can begin or end in Vancouver. To book a customized itinerary, please call our Clipper Vacations travel experts at 1-800-888-2535.
Prices vary by season. Prices listed are minimum prices per adult. All applicable taxes included.
• Package does not include transportation between Sidney and Victoria. Taxis and bus service are available near ferry terminal.
• Pricing in USD and may vary based on actual travel dates
• Best available rates based on 7-day minimum advance purchase
• Passport, Passport Card or EDL required when crossing an international border
• A fuel surcharge, port and security fee may be added to all Victoria / Seattle fares
• All Seattle hotel rates include a $2 per night Seattle Tourism Assessment Fee
• A $2.60 pp / RT Port fee and a security fee will be added to all San Juan Fares
• Restrictions apply, subject to change
"From the minute we arrived at their ferry building in Seattle and through every leg of the trip, everything was perfectly planned and executed."
- Barn1982, Edison, NJ
"Clipper staff are easy to talk to and willing to answer any and all questions. They make booking hotels and excursions a snap! We will be traveling on the Victoria Clipper again soon!"
- Monica D., Olympia, WA
"What a great time! Saw orcas, a humpback and minke whales and loved every minute of it. Very professional staff."
- Marty B., Olympia, WA
Island Adventurer: Seattle To The San Juan Islands & VictoriaLearn more about Island Adventurer: Seattle To The San Juan Islands & Victoria