- The chance to spot an abundance of wildlife including bald eagles, harbor seals, jellyfish, porpoises, orcas and more!
- Awe-inspiring views of the surrounding islands, the San Juan Channel and the Olympic Mountains.
- Led by expert guides, this tour is perfect for experienced or beginner paddlers.
About this Trip
Experience the amazing opportunity to see San Juan Island from a unique perspective – your own personal kayak! Climb aboard our sleek San Juan Clipper catamaran for a scenic cruise from downtown Seattle to Friday Harbor, where you’ll take to the water as your expert guides lead you on a kayaking tour along San Juan Island’s breathtaking coastline.
Paddle through the calm waters of the San Juan Channel, delight in some of the best views of the region around and keep an eye out for our incredible local wildlife. Harbor seals, bald eagles, sea stars and whales, this trip has it all!
Hop on the San Juan Clipper from downtown Seattle’s Pier 69 in the morning, and soak in spectacular mountain and coastal scenery as you journey to the heart of Friday Harbor. Upon arrival, learn everything you need to know about kayaking from your expert guides at San Juan Outfitters before spending the day paddling along the beautiful shoreline of San Juan Island on the lookout for wildlife.
Afterward, treat yourself to a post-kayaking snack in Friday Harbor or shop the town’s unique boutiques before hopping back on the Clipper for the return trip to Seattle in the early evening. For more ways to fill your day, check out a few of our other favorite activities:
- 10 photos that will inspire your next San Juan Island adventure
- Exploring Friday Harbor and San Juan Island
For more ideas, see our list of 25 things to do in Friday Harbor and San Juan Islands.
8:15 AM: Depart Pier 69 in Seattle
12:00 PM: Arrive Friday Harbor
1:00 PM to 4:00 PM: Friday Harbor Kayak Tour
4:00 PM to 5:00 PM: Free time in Friday Harbor
5:15 PM: Depart Friday Harbor
8:00 PM: Arrive Seattle
Prices vary by season. Prices listed are minimum prices per adult. All applicable taxes included.
• What to bring & wear: Water, snacks, sunscreen. hat, sunglasses, comfortable clothing that dries quickly (no heavy cotton preferably), comfortable footwear, rain jacket.
• Pricing in USD and may vary based on actual travel dates
• 1-day advance purchase, date and voyage restrictions may apply, subject to change
• A $2.60 pp / RT Port fee and a security fee will be added to all San Juan fares
"This boat trip was absolutely amazing… The San Juan Islands are a must, aboard the Clipper."
- Jonathan C., Boston, MA
"The crew answered all questions with knowledge and confidence. I will return to Friday Harbor via Clipper again this summer"
- Van Nita S.
"Saw whales two minutes after leaving the pier (and this was not the whale watching portion of the trip). Clean ship and the most magnificent views of the San Juan Islands."
- Mary F., Elizabeth City, NC
Seattle To San Juan Island Whale WatchingLearn more about Seattle To San Juan Island Whale Watching