- Scenic Amtrak® Cascades train ride between Vancouver and Portland
- Excellent boutique shopping, Pacific Northwest dining and sightseeing
- Perfect for families and foodies who want to soak in the city’s rich culture
About this Trip
Travel in style and skip the hassle of driving with a quick Amtrak® Cascades train ride from Vancouver, BC to the cosmopolitan city of Portland for an overnight getaway. Relax in comfortable seats and savor panoramic views of beautiful expansive valleys, the majestic summits of Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier and the picturesque Columbia River. Enjoy two full days to experience Portland’s urban playground and check out the city’s coffeehouses, breweries and boutiques.
Catch a leisurely ride aboard an Amtrak® Cascades train from downtown Seattle to Portland, where a city blending cosmopolitan culture with natural wonders awaits you. After a relaxing and scenic train ride, check into your hotel and explore the bustling metropolis of Portland. Check out Northwest paintings and Native American sculptures at the Portland Art Museum, and bask in the Japanese and rose gardens in Washington Park.
To take advantage of your second day in town, explore the city on your own or consider adding on one of the following activities during booking:
- Willamette Valley Wine & Waterfall Tour
- Portland Hop On Hop Off City Tour
- Columbia Gorge Tour
For more ideas, see 50 things to do in Portland.
The next morning, enjoy breakfast at one of Portland’s excellent restaurants and a little more time to explore the before riding the rails back to Vancouver.
Prices vary by season. Prices listed are minimum prices per adult. All applicable taxes included.
• Pricing in USD and may vary based on actual travel dates
• Minimum 1-day advance purchase required
• Subject to change
Seattle To Portland OvernightLearn more about Seattle To Portland Overnight