- Scenic Amtrak® Cascades train ride between Seattle and Portland
- Excellent boutique shopping, Pacific Northwest dining and sightseeing
- Perfect for families and foodies who want to soak in the city’s rich culture
About this Trip
Experience one of the Pacific Northwest’s most vibrant cities with an overnight getaway to Portland! Catch the Amtrak® Cascades train from downtown Seattle for a quick and easy ride south. Travel through beautiful forested valleys, pass by majestic Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier and cross the mighty Columbia River. Explore everything from Portland’s lineup of tasty eats and drinks to tax free shopping at the city’s unique boutiques.
Take a relaxing, scenic ride aboard the Amtrak® Cascades train to Portland, a city brimming with art galleries, chef-driven restaurants and quick access to outdoor adventures. Once in town, wander around Powell’s Books, the independent bookstore that takes up an entire city block. Or, pay visit to the Japanese Garden, one of the largest of its kind outside Japan and walk along the vine maples. During your visit, explore the city on your own or check out a few of our other favorite activities:
- Sample famous Willamette Valley wines
- Shop the Pearl District
- Visit the iconic Washington Park
For more ideas, see 50 things to do in Portland.
Check out of your hotel in the morning and indulge in a delicious breakfast at one of the many local coffeehouses and restaurants in Portland, before enjoying an easy train ride back to Seattle.
Prices vary by season. Prices listed are minimum prices per adult. All applicable taxes included.
• Pricing in USD and may vary based on actual travel dates
• Minimum 1-day advance purchase required
• Restrictions apply, subject to change
Vancouver, BC to Portland OvernightLearn more about Vancouver, BC to Portland Overnight