Butchart Gardens and Victoria City Tour
No visit to Victoria is complete without exploring the iconic Butchart Gardens.
Started in 1904 as a labor of love by Jennie Butchart, who wanted to restore natural beauty to her husband’s mined-out industrial quarry site, The Butchart Gardens has since been delighting visitors from all around the world. Today, The Butchart Gardens are consistently rated among the world’s most beautiful garden attractions and top places to go in Canada by USA Today, CNN Travel, Condé Nast, National Geographic, Tripadvisor and Frommer’s.
As you make your way around the Gardens, walk through intimate stone paths and streams lined with a colorful array of flowers and trees. Don’t miss the award-winning Butchart Dining Room’s unique house-made gelato flavors and Afternoon Tea service, surrounded by over 300,000 blooms.
About This Trip
Board a modern double-decker motor coach waiting for you at the Victoria Clipper terminal when you arrive from Seattle. Our experienced local guide will take you on a narrated drive tour of Victoria’s city highlights on your way to The Butchart Gardens. Immerse yourself in the city’s beauty as your guide explains the history of Victoria while you drive by some of Victoria’s landmarks and historic buildings.
Upon arrival at The Butchart Gardens, you are free to enjoy the famous destination at your own leisure, with flexible return times. Just show your Clipper hand stamp to board any CVS coach to return you to Victoria, where you will be dropped off in front of the Fairmont Empress in the heart of Victoria’s Inner Harbour.
Check out our Clipper Vacations Magazine feature Behind the Scenes at The Butchart Gardens to help plan your trip!
About This Activity
February 1-November 30, 2017
Recommended tour time is 3.5 hours to fully experience the gardens. Flexible return times available from The Gardens to the Victoria Inner Harbour.
- Pick up from Clipper terminal in Victoria in fully enclosed double decker coach with A/C and free wifi
- City tour of Victoria highlights by experienced local driver guide
- Round trip transportation to The Butchart Gardens via double-decker coach
- Return drop off in front of Empress Hotel in heart of Inner Harbour
- Admission to The Butchart Gardens
- Flexible return time- stay as long as you want at The Gardens, and take any CVS departing bus from the Gardens back into Victoria
- Complimentary luggage delivery service to Clipper’s Victoria hotels* or terminal storage (from April 1-October 8)
- All applicable taxes
More to Know
Staying overnight? Have luggage? No problem. For Butchart Gardens & Victoria City Tours departing April 1- October 8, Clipper offers complimentary luggage delivery service to your downtown Victoria hotel*, or complimentary luggage storage at our Clipper terminal until you return. Simply check your bags before boarding your double-decker, explore the Butchart Gardens and beautiful Victoria at your own convenience and return to your hotel to find your bags already waiting for you!
* Delivery locations include our 20 Victoria hotels, except Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa & Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort & Spa.
Picks up from the Clipper Terminal
Pricing in USD and may vary based on actual travel dates
Subject to change