Seattle to San Juan Islands Whale Watching & Sealife Search Day Trip
- Orca Whale Watching in the San Juan Islands
- Victoria Clipper III Whale and Sealife Search
- Orca whale
- Orca Whale
Whale sightings guaranteed!
Enjoy whale watching and a San Juan Island day trip from Seattle! This is the only cruise that leaves directly from downtown Seattle, allowing you to skip the traffic and get out on the water. With the guidance of a trained onboard naturalist, you will be taken to an area world-renowned for wildlife, where you will be on the lookout for orca, minke and humpback whales as well as Dall’s porpoise, seals, otters, bald eagles and more! Afterwards, you will have a stopover in Friday Harbor for a chance to grab a bite to eat or explore.
About This Trip
May 22 - June 17, 2015 Thursday-Monday
June 18 - September 7, 2015 Daily
September 8 - October 4, 2015 Saturday & Sunday
Ferry also available between Seattle and San Juan Island without Whale & Sealife Search.
- Round trip Victoria Clipper cruise between downtown Seattle and Friday Harbor
- 2.5 hour Whale and Sealife Search excursion
- Onboard naturalist
- Three great viewing decks that provide indoor and outdoor whale watching and the only 360 degree viewing deck
- 2 hours in Friday Harbor
- Souvenir Explorer Guidebook to the San Juan Islands
- Comfortable seats and tables, Ivar’s famous chowder, snacks and gift shop items available for purchase on board
- Propeller-free boat for a quiet ride
- All applicable taxes
More to Know
In business for 30 years, we are committed to responsible whale watching and is an active member of the Pacific Whale Watch Association Northwest follow the guidelines for operator’s actions when sharing the water with whales. Our expertise makes it possible for us to guarantee that you will see whales during our Sealife Search or we’ll give you another trip completely free!
- *Advanced Purchase fare requires booking at least 1 day in advance.
- **1 child (1-11 yrs old) per paying adult, additional children half applicable adult fare.
- Due to the time spent on the boat during this nearly 12 hour day trip, it is not recommended for children under 6. Adults traveling with young children should plan accordingly by bringing books, videos, games, toys etc. to assist in keeping them occupied. There is a great deal to see throughout the day but it may be more than a young child can appreciate.
- Military discounts available
- Whale sightings guaranteed: If you do not see whales during the Whale & Sealife Search, you will receive a coupon for a complimentary trip to be used between now and the end of the 2016 season.
- Pricing in USD and may vary based on actual travel dates
- A $2.20 pp / RT Port fee and a security fee will be added to all San Juan Fares
- Subject to change
Depart Pier 69 in Seattle: 7:45 AM
Arrive Friday Harbor: 11:15 AM
Whale & Sealife Search: 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM
Free time in Friday Harbor: 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Depart Friday Harbor: 4:30 PM
Arrive Seattle: 7:15 PM
For ideas on where and what to explore, see our list of 25 Things to Do in Friday Harbor and the San Juan Islands.