San Juan Islands Whale Watching & Sealife Search Day Trip
- Orca Whale Watching in the San Juan Islands
- Victoria Clipper III Whale and Sealife Search
- Orca Whales in the San Juans
- Orca whale
- Orca Whale
Conveniently departing from downtown Seattle, your San Juan Islands Whale Watching day trip begins with a scenic Victoria Clipper cruise through the Puget Sound and scenic Deception Pass to an area world-renowned for its resident pods of Orca Whales. With the guidance of a trained onboard naturalist, you will be taken on a Whale and Sealife Search where in addition to whales you will be on the lookout for migratory birds, Bald Eagles, the playful Dall’s Porpoise, seals, otters and other area wildlife. Also included is a stopover in the charming seaside village of Friday Harbor on San Juan Island.
About This Trip
May 18-Sep 8, 2013 Daily
September 9-29, 2013 Sat & Sun only
Depart Seattle: 7:45 AM
Arrive Friday Harbor: 11:15 AM
Whale & Sealife Search: 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM
Free time in Friday Harbor: 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Depart Friday Harbor: 4:30 PM
Arrive Seattle: 7:15 PM
Ferry also available between Seattle and San Juans Island without Whale & Sealife Search.
- Round trip Victoria Clipper cruise between Seattle and Friday Harbor
- 2.5 hour Whale and Sealife Search excursion
- Souvenir Explorer Guidebook to the San Juan Islands
- Onboard naturalist
- 2 hours in Friday Harbor
- All applicable taxes
- *Advanced Purchase fare requires booking at least 1 day in advance & fare may be slightly higher on Fri-Sat-Sun
- One child per paying adult. Additional children will pay 50% of adult fare.
- Due to the time spent on the boat during this nearly 12 hour day trip, it is not recommended for children under 6. Adults traveling with young children should plan accordingly by bringing books, videos, games, toys etc. to assist in keeping them occupied. There is a great deal to see throughout the day but it may be more than a young child can appreciate.
- Pricing in USD and may vary based on actual travel dates
- Minimum 1-day advance purchase required
- A $2 pp / RT Port fee will be added to all San Juan Fares
- Subject to change
Depart from downtown Seattle’s Pier 69 aboard a deluxe Victoria Clipper vessel. After arriving in Friday Harbor in the late morning, stay onboard for a 2.5 hour Whale and Sealife Search, followed by a Friday Harbor stop and about 2 hours to explore the town. Return to Seattle by about 7:15pm with plenty of time to enjoy the evening.
For ideas on where and what to explore, see our list of 25 Things to Do in Friday Harbor and the San Juan Islands.